Monday, September 1, 2008

Hair Fair (and not fair)

I'm back! RL did not completely swallow me and I've even had the chance to dash around the Hair Fair sims during the last 24 hours. I don't know if there were big crowds at the beginning but I have certainly found things pretty quiet down there.

The Expo does provide an easy way to check out new hair makers and there were I few I was not familiar with. I was impressed with Find Ash amongst others, but did not include them here as I got on a bit of a roll with my bangs theme!

Cuteness is my new fave thing and it's pursuit has guided my choices here. It's also an opportunity to show you some of the new things I've acquired for my wardrobe since the last post.

I kind of wish there was more exclusive/limited edition work at Hair fair - Torrid Midnight's Fedora styles are an example, but I have to say I found it enjoyable nevertheless and was really impressed with the organisation that went into making demos available in advance and providing such a reliable bank of SLurls at the website - congratulations to all involved!

I was a little disappointed that some of my favorite designers were absent - mainly the Japanese kind such as Waka + Yuki who currently have most dos on sale for L$30 at their store. I've thrown one in here as an example to encourage you to take a look in spite of possible "hair fatigue".

Ok - time for the visuals!

Gorgeously unusual braided updo with texture-change bow and a touch of flexi by Wilted Rose.

Worn with:
Scully Argyle turtleneck minidress from Riddle
Cable kneesocks also from Riddle
Gothdamn customizable stilettos from Canimal
Lego Muertos earrings from Pushbutton Industries

Ever-so-cute messy chignon with chunky bangs by BP*

Worn with:
Tweetie Pie tube top (group freebie) from Dutch Touch
Lemon soda dirndl skirt from DP YumYum
Bangles and Earrings from VG Republic
White ballet flats from Lassitude & Ennui
Petite Leona sculptie bag in blush from Glitter Girl

Softly fanned chignon with loose strands by The Alice Project

Worn with:
Limestone veil in green by Waka + Yuki
Baroness outfit in Seamist from Last Call (recently acquired at a yard sale)
Chocobloo bangles from Turnstyle

An example of hair I love from Waka + Yuki. This also comes with a long hair version.

Worn with:
Oldschool T-shirt and Plaid Shorts both from Riddle
Simple scarf black from Aoharu
Tintable crochet tights from Veschi (part of an outfit)
Mishima Dawn black patent heels from Maitreya
Audio Wire bracelet from Kari

No comments: