Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Mourning

Did you know that most suicides occur on a Monday?

Sorry to open on that miserable note, but today I have been contemplating the more complex and difficult aspects of relationships (and was even reminded of the term "funeral sex" that someone once told me and at the time seemed quite appropriately melancholy). I apologise, but that's kinda my mood today, and I'm certainly not one to shy away from examining the darker sides of experience.

But you know what...? It is such a great excuse to roll out this dress that I have been pining for an occasion to wear. The idea of making something beautiful out of sadness is the essence of melancholy and is something that is cherished in some cultures - gaelic comes to mind most readily.

"I spoke of a milder melancholy because no man could wish not to feel it. It is expressed simply tho' boldly in two Gaelic words as the joy of grief, which may be softened to - the memory of joys that are past, pleasant and mournful to the soul". From Gaelic to Romantic by Fiona Stafford

Hmmm - something to be relished I'd say!

The dress is Marguerite by Ginny Talamasca and that, in itself, brings a tiny tear to my eye. As I've said before, I can absolutely never bring myself to ditch any Last Call inventory, tidying junkie though I may be, and the picture seems quite complete with this little cloche hat called Dead Dreams which was a gift from the wonderful Toko Voom at Vain Inc. In fact, all the items I am wearing were created by what I would call stalwarts of the Second Life fashion design community.

I actually had a hard time stopping taking pics as I think my avie looks very cute in mourning. Please click for a better look.

Did someone say "Get over it!"? OK look, - just hand me tissues, cabsav and chocolate and I may just make it.

Outfit Credits:
Marguerite dress by the late and much-missed Ginny Talamasca
Worn with shirt layer from the Maxie jumpsuit by HSC as a "modesty layer"
Dead Dreams cloche by Toko Voom
Gloves and opaque stockings from TaP (now Fleur)
Open-toed stiletto ankle boot by Tes Miles
Hair from Waka + Yuki
Bracelet by Caliah Lyon
Poses by Luth Brodie

No comments: