Saturday, September 6, 2008

Chanelling Chanel

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street. fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."

So said Coco Chanel and I think that in Second Life, the accessibility of fashion and especially haute couture gives us so much opportunity for experimentation and self-expression with our apparel that her words are especially relevant here. In fact it's one of the main things that keeps me interested in this "game".

Coco also stated that "Elegance is refusal". I love that! And today I guess I must be particularly elegant, as I turned down a pretty tempting offer that I won't bother going into the details of here and now. Trouble is, I'm not sure whether I can hold out, and refusal followed by giving in to temptation probably doesn't count.

This new ensemble from BareRose Haute Couture sent me off hunting for Chanel-style bits and pieces and I'm quite pleased with the result, especially in terms of the contrast with my last post. It's good to mix things up a bit and that's yet another of the delights of Second Life - the ability to explore different roles and possibilities in a relatively safe and accepting environment.

So today I'm doing elegant and sophisticated with two Chanel-inspired looks one for daytime, one for evening. And tomorrow? Well, who knows?

Outfit 1 Credits:
Anastacia outfit from BareRose Haute Couture, worn with
Gladiator sandals (shoe part only) by Stiletto Moody
Black opaque stockings from TaP (now Fleur)
Lucky Horseshoe bag from BareRose
Front Closure pearl necklace from Paper Couture
Diamond Bee ring from paper Couture
Fi Umo sunglasses from Gisaci
Davina hair (nickel) from ETD

Outfit 2 Credits:
Mignouette dress from Icing, worn with
The Dictator shrug by Digit Darkes
Long satin gloves, part of the Rebecca set from Last Call (no longer available)
Sheer lace-top stockings by Alaska Metropolitan
Natasha ankle strap stilettos from Tesla
Soft Clutch silver from Glitter Girl
Moda Onyx earrings from Glitter Girl
Riverstone necklace from Paper Couture
Claris bracelet from Muse Fine Jewelry
Sophia hair in Dirty blond from ETD
Poses by Luth Brody of Reel Expression

No comments: