Friday, September 12, 2008

Office Affair

Don't you just love those business outfits that push the boundaries of professionalism just a tiny bit? Hot enough to have male colleagues reaching for the air con controller... to help warm up frosty client relations... even to risk melting the glass ceiling!

I for one am so glad we've moved on from the days of power suits and shoulder pads to put some feminine charm back into workplace attire.

I've always loved the combination of grey and red. This dove-grey dress from Icing combines elements of Yin in the soft, curvy lines with a Yang pinstripe. Such a nice balance! And I love how the classic mood created by pearls is given a fun twist by these new cute shoes from Aoharu.

In the second outfit, I think I'm probably flouting minimum skirt length standards, but the "I mean business" glasses and slightly severe hairstyle help tone down the sexiness just enough to keep productivity at an acceptable level.

I wonder why my boss always insists I take his notes in long-hand?

Thanks to Alaska Metropolitan for the use of the very funky business facilities at Metro Models HQ.

Outfit 1 Credits:
Pinstripe Princess dress by Miko Omegamu
Bubble Pearl shoes in red from AOHARU
Double string of pearl beads from Ume Mode
Earrings from Chicoco



Outfit 2 Credits:
Shirt and gilet from Alessia outfit by Giusia Ethaniel
Michima Dawn black patent shoes from Maitreya
Stockings by TaP
Grazia earrings from Earthtones
Tank Watch from Muse Fine Jewelry
Classic Frames from VintageWear

Additional items:
Hair by Aden Breyer
Office clipboard/pencil and electronic organiser both from Cluster
Manicure from Persona
Skin by Belleza
Poses from Ladybird (new L$20 set!)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! I love office attire. I believe that well tailored high quality business suit is very sexy :)

Bella Baroque said...

The first look is my fav! So classy with a sexkitten edge. *runs to buy pearls* The second skirt might get you fired but damnit it was worth it! LOL, loverly :)