Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Retro a go-go

Posted 19th August 2008

Just a quickie! I've had these retro glasses on my wish list since I spied them at Mariya's blog recently. And then it happened! I came across this fabulous hair at Sugar Cube. It was desperately trying to be an EGL style do complete with a little crown and veil, but I could instantly see another side to it's personality. In fact I think it's got incredible versatility and I really love it although I don't often buy black wigs.

Here it is showing the beehive aspect of it's nature along with a classically monochrome ensemble with strong retro overtones, spiced up with a few little touches of bright true red.

I also ran across a bunch of crackpot poses in a freebie AO and managed to salvage about 3 for future use here. The last pic uses a pose called (obviously) "Regency Elf Flight" made by Ulrika Zugzwang (whose profile is rather intimidating). It's pretty awful from the waist down but celebrates the slightly dorkish undertones of this look quite nicely I figure.

Outfit Credits:
Felicidade Peacock Pie wig from Sugar Cube
Chic Coat, houndstooth from Muism
Bustier from Michami
Cropped pants from Milla Milla set by Armidi
Tintable stockings from Veschi
Stiletto Pumps from Tesla
Moda earrings and Soft Clutch from Glitter Girl
Bangles from VG Republic
Glasses from Vintage Wear
Manicure from AnnaH Couture
Poses by Tuli, Luth, Sai Pennell and Ulrika Zugzwang

No comments: