Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fan Club

New from Casa del Shai
Above:
l. Jezebella
r. Tamara
Below:
l. Samantha
r. Lorena

A huge thanks to Shai Delacroix today. She responded so quickly and generously to my request for a peek at her delicious new undies! They are truly scrumptious and deeply worthy of jasmine-scented drawer liners and rose petals scattered over the bed.

According to Ms Delacroix, the inspiration for the collection came from a range of sources including what she calls "the allure of lace"and she's been dying to get into lingerie creation for some time. But, reading between the lines, I suspect that a little bit of SL romance in the form of the delightful Mr Kriss Lehman has created a new sense of urgency for her in the naughtiness department. Certainly Shai confessed that she added the feather fans to the collection purely as playthings, telling me "lingerie is so much fun with toys!" These boudoir fans were entirely hand-drawn using Photoshop - no mean feat.

The new lingerie release at Casa del Shai includes four sets, ranging from the delicate simplicity of Samantha - my overall favourite - to the more exotic and overtly sexy Jezebella (one of Kriss's!).

Each set has it's own distinctive mood and each is expertly conceived. Shai believes that her experience making swimwear for her Spring/Summer '07 collection enabled her to avoid some of the pitfalls associated with working on underwear layers to create what really are skimpy works of art. These babies look good from the front, the side, the back and (no doubt) hanging from the bedroom chandelier! The lace textures, tiny ribbons and scalloped trims create a clever three-dimensional effect that is very figure-flattering and will render your avi particularly photogenic. The perfect choice if you want a few tastefully erotic shots to surprise your partner with.

I chose a curve-defining, pouty-lipped skin by Lovey Darling that I don't often wear these days with mussed-up bedroom hair in the form of Wish I by Cakes' Stumbelina Ophelia. I set the backdrop to cerise and played around with some of Luth Brodie's "Sex Sells" animations. An SL boyfriend is something that I really can't seem to make time for right now, but I found myself wishing I had a special someone to share the moment! By the end of the session, I was so caught up in the spirit of playful sensuality that I threw on a Ginny Talamasca feather boa that just happened to be "lying around".

And this, I think is exactly what Shai was aiming for with these pieces. I'm sure it's her sincere hope that you will enjoy some seriously tantalising moments courtesy of her creations. In her own words - "Have some naughty fun!"
A big thanks to Alaska Metropolitan for allowing me to use the Metro Models studio for this shoot.

No comments: